Friday, May 23, 2014

Updates (and Zachary!)

I'll start with the good stuff!  We were able to ask for an update with our LID and today we got 3 new pictures of Zachary.  When I saw his face my heart leapt out of my chest...there is no doubt that this is our son and that God is growing a love for him in us before we've even met him.  Not all that different from the love that grew in our hearts for Asher and Laurel while they were still in my tummy.

To be honest, the updated info we got on Zachary was not all positive.  Our caseworker personally called us to let us know that they tried to wean him off one of his seizure medications and he did not respond well.  We have no idea what this means or what happened, but they put him back on it and said he responded positively...again no idea what that means.  He also still can't talk or form any words, though he does try to communicate.  But God must have prepared my heart for the news, because I could only find positives in the update.  He is trying to walk!!  He can take a few steps holding onto things.  And he is getting some physical therapy!  He likes to eat and can feed himself snacks, can understand simple commands when his nannies talk to him, and has a gentle and happy personality.  Praise God!  Love him!!

Seeing his pictures, knowing he is waiting...we are so so motivated to get him home.  Asher and Laurel were excited to see "Zachy" and give his photo kisses.  Oh I long for the day when we
can kiss those sweet cheeks for real!




Thank you for your prayers ❤️

I have more great news to share, but I'll save it for another post on another day.  This is enough to take in for now :)



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you were able to receive these pictures and an update. It seems like God is lining up everyone's hearts and minds for this bundle of cuteness.

    ReplyDelete