Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Call Me!

I never made it to either of my due dates.  Asher was born 6 weeks early and Laurel came 3 weeks early after nearly two months of bed rest.

I remember the surprise of learning I was in labor with Asher, way too early.

I remember the feeling of laying in bed for weeks, praying that I could keep Laurel safe inside for another day.

Each situation that brought our children into the world had its own mixture of anxiety and anticipation.  Which is exactly where I find myself right now.

Waiting.  With anxiety and anticipation.  Knowing that the call could come at any moment that will set the rest of our lives into motion.

It is so hard to wait!  I feel like I'm on pins and needles, jumping every time the phone rings and it is not the call.  Ugh.  I'm checking my emails a hundred times a day.  Feeling a little insane over here, lol.

A watched phone never rings.

But please phone, please ring soon and tell us when we can come get Zachary.  

1 comment: