Thursday, July 24, 2014

Moved

My heart is overflowing with so much information to share.  So much!!!  We've been busy lately, and honestly I just haven't had a desire to share things on this blog.  I'm reminded of when Mary was visited by the Angel Gabriel and scripture says she "treasured these things and pondered them in her heart".

I feel like that is exactly what I've been doing.  What has been happening in our lives in relation to this adoption is so precious. Like life giving water, the Holy Spirit has quenched our thirst and satisfied our souls every step of the way.

This journey is hard.  It is hard now and it will be hard when the rubber meets the road and Zachary is home with us- as we all are adjusting, attaching, grieving, learning to live as a family.

You cannot understand it unless you've done it.  But praise the Lord for people in our lives who have tried to!  The sweet people who ask what day of the LOA wait we are on. Who acknowledge the joy and pain of waiting by actually talking to us about our adoption!  Who try to understand how different it is to know that your child is not safe in your womb, but across the world, sick and lonely and not ok.  Zachary is not ok over there.  He is surviving, but he is not thriving.  And that makes everything about this hard

But God carries us every single day, and it is precious to walk with him.  It truly is.  Oh had we not done this how we would have missed so much our Heavenly Father is trying to teach us.  Already, so much growing and stretching and trusting.  

My heart is so full I can't even put into words all that I need to share.  So I'm going to break it up into different posts over the next few days and maybe then I can gather my thoughts.

Please, if you have ever considered adoption...consider it more.  This process will change you.  God will meet you and hold you and shape you in ways you hadn't realized were possible.  He will grow His heart in you- and it makes you crazy and wild and in love with things that don't matter to this world.  He gives your faith a backbone and your life a fearless bravery that can only come supernaturally. 

So many children need families.  Need Jesus.  This life is short.  I dare you to move.

"And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them." - Isaiah 42:16

No comments:

Post a Comment