Thursday, October 2, 2014

Single Digits

We leave in less than a week!  I can't believe that we are about to fly to China to adopt our son.  I think back to a year ago, that late October day when we saw Zachary's face for the first time, and can't begin to fathom all that has happened to get us to this point.

And while I can hardly wait to throw my arms around our son, I am also hesitant and nervous.  I'm not quite ready to embrace the reality of his medical needs- not sure at all how that is going to play out.  Not sure if I can be enough for him. If there is enough of me to handle this.

And of course there is not- that's the whole point!  Time and time again God has shown us that in our weakness he will make us strong.  When we are out of our own resources, he shows up and carries us to the finish line.  He makes all the difference in this life- and He will make all the difference in Zachary's.

Here are some specific ways you can pray for us:
1. That we would be healthy for the trip (our family is still passing around various sickness).

2. That our flight would go smoothly, we would stay sane for the 17 hour flight and get some sleep, and land safely in China.  I pretty much hate flying.  I have some decent anxiety about this but have been giving it over to God. After the misery that was a flight to Hawaii, I swore I would never, ever fly anywhere that took more than 6 hour on a plane.  Well...obviously God has other, better plans!

3. That meeting Zachary would be as peaceful and calm as possible.  Zachary will be leaving everything he knows and taken by strangers (us).  This is traumatic and shocking.  Pray for him and for our attachment as a family!

4. For Zachary's health in China.  That he would get over any orphanage related illnesses and also be seizure free for our flight home.

5. That all our travel documents in China would be processed smoothly so we can leave for the US on time- our flight schedule is tight.

6.  For our children at home and the grandparents who are taking care of them.  Asher is so sad we are leaving, and Laurel will not understand.  Please pray for their hearts, their safety, and for comfort until we return home.  Also for this Mommy's heart as I can hardly bear to leave them :(

7.  For our flight home- that Zachary would sleep!  That he would be a good traveler and not scared to death.  That he would have peace.

8.  That our eyes would be open to the opportunity to share the Gospel.  We have a heart for China and missions, I look forward to how God willl speak to our hearts as we literally see the other side of the world.

Thank you for your prayers!  We are so grateful to everyone for your love and support of our family as we take on this huge God sized calling.  We are anxious and exited and nervous.  But above all, we are hopeful.  Hopeful for the future as we joyfully add to our family, and hopeful for Zachary.  This little boy who has lived almost 4 years without a family, will now have a place to call home.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I pray everything will go well!!

    Joshua 1:9
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

    I love you SO much!!

    ReplyDelete