Today we received confirmation from our wonderful agency that we are approved to adopt from the China waiting child program! We sent in our application last week and have been approved to adopt 1 child from the special focus program. The special focus program is a list of children who have either been waiting longer to be adopted, are older, or have more significant special needs. These children desperately need families and we are so grateful to be given the opportunity to jump through all the paperwork and financial hoops ahead in order to show them the love of our family.
Major paperwork ahead.
Up next we are getting physicals and lots of blood work done to make sure we are healthy and don't have any communicable diseases. I'm just going to be so glad when this part is over...I do not like going to the doctor. The form also has to be notarized and getting a doctor to fill out a form and then finding someone to notarize it is more difficult than it should be. Even getting into an appointment to see a doctor at this short notice is hard.
Did I mention we have 2 weeks to get that done?
I'm praying God will continue to open doors for us and that he will carry us through the mountains of paperwork, interviews, and autobiographical essays (100 questions ya'll!) that we have to write.
But we're doing this. We have officially started- let the crazy journey begin! I already can't wait to bring our little one home.
**Special note to remember the little things: the traveling notary that Josh brought to the doctor's office was a Christian and had a sister with special needs. She was so sweet and encouraging- a wonderful surprise in the midst of a stressful process!
No comments:
Post a Comment