“I am only one. But still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.” ~Helen Keller
I ran across this quote today and it pretty much sums up why we are doing this. Life is short. We've seen that evidenced in the losses of close friend's this past year. There is a lot of suffering and hurt in this world. We will never be able to overcome it and put an end to it...that is not our job. Christ has already done that for us. But we can shine His light and love and joy into that darkness. Even if it is only one small step at a time. We can do this, He has called us and will equip us to do this with Him. We will not be able to help every orphan. We can not stop the myriad of issues that result in the abandonment of children. But we can do something for one, and that is enough right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment